How exciting! This blog will be dedicated to my journey through all things (contemplative science, neuroscience, Buddhist and technology related) that I’m doing and finding interesting at the moment. While I’m figuring it out, it will help me organize my thoughts, and maybe it will let my readers discover interesting questions (and hopefully some answers!) of their own.
I’ll be posting things from all over the web. But for now, I thought I’d post my favourite, most-visited sites! Please share some of your own favourite sites! Or let me know what awesome content I may have been missing on any of my favourite sites….Maybe they’ll become yours too:
- http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/ (Learn about the interface between Technology + Buddhism (+podcasts))
- http://secularbuddhism.org/the-secular-buddhist-podcasts/ (Learn about Secular Buddhism and their related podcasts)
- http://www.dharmaoverground.org/ (Excellent resource for the support of “hardcore” meditation practice)
- http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ (Huge database of Readings in Theravada Buddhism, learn from the beginning!)
- http://web.archive.org/web/20120509192326/http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com/ (Learn all about how your bodies energies flow)
- http://aimwell.org/Books/Mahasi/Practical/practical.html#One (Insight meditation instructions)
- http://www.mindandlife.org/ (Learn what the Dalai Lama and science are doing together)
- http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/ (Learn how to build your own EEG on the cheap and learn what’s going on in your brain while you meditate)
- http://www.frontiersin.org/Human_Neuroscience (If you can handle the reading, this is where you’ll you can see what’s really happening in neuroscience. YAY FOR OPEN ACCESS TO JOURNAL ARTICLES!)
That’s probably good to get started….back to practice….